Last Updated: September 3, 2021
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. The types of personal information we may collect include your name, organizational name, email address and any other information you choose to provide. For example, you share information directly with us when you create an account, sign up to receive our newsletter or other email communications from us, fill out a contact form, submit or upload content through our Services, communicate with us via third-party platforms, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
We collect information automatically through your use of our Services. When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect certain information, including:
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, application version and device language. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We obtain information from third-party sources. For example, we may collect information about you from internet service providers, data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms and you directly.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to deliver our Services and customize your experience with us. We also use the information we collect to:
- Provide our Services to you, communicate with you about your use of our Site and Services, respond to your inquiries and for other customer service purposes;
- Tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, offer location customization, offer personalized help and instructions, and otherwise personalize and improve your experiences while using the Site or Services;
- Send marketing and promotional information, including news and newsletters, promotions or to otherwise contact you about services or information we think may interest you, to the extent permitted by law and, where required, with your consent (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Authenticate your identity;
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services;
- Better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences and for other research and analytical purposes;
- Send you customer experience surveys and questionnaires;
- Personalize and improve your experience on our Services;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Website Analytics section below);
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of Windward and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services;
- Monitor your compliance with any of your agreements with us;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations;
- Manage or transfer our assets or liabilities, for example in the case of an actual or potential acquisition, disposition or merger; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- We share personal information with vendors, service providers, and consultants that need access to personal information in order to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, fraud prevention, customer service, distribution, and marketing and advertising.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Windward, our users, the public, or others.
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- We may share personal information with OpenET, Inc., a Nevada non-profit corporation, in connection with transfer and assignment to OpenET, Inc. all rights in and to our Site or Services, upon either (1) the approval of the status of OpenET, Inc. as a 501(c)(3) corporation by the United States Internal Revenue Service; or (2) at such time as may otherwise be agreed between OpenET, Inc. and Windward Fund, Inc.
We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you, including data collected through our Services, with researchers, research organizations and other third parties.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND APPLICATIONS
The Site or our other Services, including our mobile applications, may contain various links to, as well as plug-ins or widgets from, social media and other third-party websites or applications, which may provide additional information, goods, services, and/or promotions. These third-party websites or applications are owned and operated independently of Windward and have their own separate privacy and data collection practices. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third party; therefore, you should review their privacy policies and practices prior to interacting with their websites or applications, using any of their tools, or sharing any of your personal information with them.
VISITORS TO THE SITE OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
YOUR CHOICES AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
We will make a reasonable effort to ensure that your personal information used or disclosed by us is accurate and complete. In most cases, however, we rely on you to ensure that your information is current, complete and accurate. You may update and correct certain account information at any time by logging into your account or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to delete your account, please contact us by email us directly at email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
If you demonstrate the inaccuracy or incompleteness of the information we maintain about you, we will assist you in updating the information as required. If appropriate, we will send the amended information to third parties to whom the information has been disclosed. When a challenge regarding the accuracy of personal information is not resolved to your satisfaction, we will annotate the personal information under our control with a note that the correction was requested but not made.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Windward, or OpenET, Inc. on our behalf, by following the unsubscribe or opt out instructions in those communications or by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
SECURITY AND RETENTION
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security completely. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Services. Further, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measure we provide.
Please take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, mobile device, or computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer or device, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity. If you have a security-related concern, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
We keep your personal information only for so long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations. Windward will retain your information indefinitely if it believes in good faith that we have a legal obligation to do so.